When we start earning, we often wish to purchase an automobile or a motorcycle. But we don’t focus on the fact that our desire is, currently, the primary cause of pollution. Vehicles emit greenhouse gases which in turn increase global warming. However, we are becoming more environmentally conscious and taking small steps towards a sustainable future.
We have evolved into a much more progressive species with our changed mindset regarding global pollution. This progressive perspective has brought forward the invention of electric vehicles. And to support them, electric vehicle chargers have been set up in various locations.
An electric vehicle charger is a common term, but we must not know everything about it in detail. This article will explain electric vehicle charger, its types, and how it works. We will also discover how EV chargers will promote sustainable transportation.
What is an Electric Vehicle Charger or EV Charger?
An electric vehicle charger is a structure that provides electricity to charge EVs, including cars and motorcycles. The charging process of an EV is simple and relatively straightforward. The charger draws electricity from the power grid and supplies it to the vehicle’s battery.
Types of Electric Vehicle Chargers
There are three types of electric vehicle chargers. Let us discuss them individually:
- Level 1: Level 1 electric vehicle chargers work with 120V outlets. These chargers are easy to use and mainly used at home. The plus point of level 1 electric chargers is that they do not require additional hardware. The level 1 EV charger is available at a reasonable cost and is an ideal choice for someone who commutes within one city.
- Level 2: This EV charger has a higher capacity and can operate at 208V to 240V outlets. These chargers are easy to install but require additional tools to operate. The level 2 EV chargers can be connected to solar panels, making them more suitable for the environment.
- Level 3: This electric vehicle charger has a better capacity than a level 2 charger. It can operate at 480V outlets and needs advanced technologies to be installed. This type of EV charger is primarily used for commercial settings. A specialized adapter is required if the car is incompatible with a level 3 EV charger.
How to Use an Electric Vehicle Charger?
The process of using an EV charger is relatively easy. You are required to follow the below-mentioned simple steps:
- Find a suitable station to charge your vehicle.
- The second step is to park your vehicle in the allotted spot.
- After the second step, connect the plug to the vehicle’s charging port.
- Start charging the car using an app on your phone or a QR code on the station.
- Follow the instructions available at the charging station to complete the payment.
Now we know how to use an electric vehicle charger. So, it is time to go through the advantages of using EV chargers.
Benefits of Electric Vehicle Charger
- Cleaner Air: Using electric vehicle chargers will lower the use of petrol and diesel to run vehicles. Decreasing the use of fossil fuels will also reduce the emissions of harmful gases into the environment, promoting cleaner air and atmosphere.
- Cut Down the Cost of Driving: The price rates of petrol and diesel are increasing daily. But using electricity to charge electric vehicles is an affordable option that will help reduce the fuel cost. This is yet another reason why electric cars are preferred.
- Save Fossil Fuels: Utilising EV chargers can prevent unnecessary waste of fossil fuels. Reducing fossil fuel usage will, in turn, improve energy sustainability.
- Reverse Environmental Damage: Much environmental damage has already occurred, but electric vehicle chargers can reverse this change. Using electric vehicles and chargers is the best option to prevent air pollution in the environment.
Advancement in electric vehicles and electric vehicle chargers has been the most significant accomplishment. Investing in EVs and EV chargers is undoubtedly the best choice for sustainable transportation. These chargers are easy to use and provide tons of benefits. With these chargers, we can take steps towards reversing the detrimental environmental effects.
Leave a Reply