In the competitive world, businesses look for innovative ways to deliver better experiences to customers. Imagine a situation where a user is exploring your website and wants to buy a product. However, the customer is unable to understand how to purchase it online. So, the user would want to connect with an executive of your brand. But as it is beyond office hours, no one is available to help. Such a situation can have a negative impact on their overall experience. That is why businesses rely on the chatbot and conversational AI bot to handle simple inquiries and ensure optimum satisfaction of customers.
When it comes to human-computer digital interactions, there is a blurring line between conversational AI bot and chatbots. While these two terms are often used synonymously, they aren’t the same. So, what is the difference between the two? Read on to explore the details!
What are Traditional Chatbots?
Chatbots are basically computer programs stimulating human conversation to ensure better user experiences. These virtual assistants are usually present on the websites of companies and communicate with customers via text messages. The traditional chatbots are programmed to respond to preset queries only. They help automate communication between customers and companies and ensure faster response.
What are Conversational AI Bots?
The conversational AI for business is an advanced form of traditional chatbots. It leverages technologies like machine learning, NLP, artificial intelligence, advanced dialog management, and automatic speech recognition to have natural conversations with customers. They are capable of understanding user intent and providing answers to all types of queries.
Difference Between Traditional Chatbot and Conversational AI
Now that you know what is conversational AI, you would be wondering how is it different from the traditional chatbot. Let’s dive in!
- Technology Reliance: The chatbots depend on predefined rules to answer the queries of users. So, they are not able to answer the questions that diverge from the set rules. However, conversational AI solutions are powered by technologies like NLP and machine learning that allow them to understand human language effectively. As a result, they can answer all queries and continue long conversations with the customers.
- Working: Keyword recognition forms the basis of the functioning of traditional chatbots. However, conversational AI works with the help of NLP.
- Scalability: The scalability of the traditional chatbots is very limited. On the other hand, conversational AI is highly scalable. They can easily be implemented across different channels.
- Interactions: Maximum interaction of chatbots includes the use of buttons. Conversational AI may also involve buttons but also respond to voice and text.
- Update: To update the chatbots, they require explicit training. However, conversational AI is capable of learning from each interaction.
Chatbots and conversational AI bots are excellent at mimicking human interactions and improving user experiences. They can easily handle customer queries and enable the live agents to focus on complex customer issues. Are you ready to shorten the waiting time of your users and provide them with efficient support? If yes, leverage the best conversational AI and ensure the optimum satisfaction of your customers.