Whether you are a newbie or an experienced stylist, there are many things that you need to know about hair salons in Dubai.
You can find hair salons in Dubai almost everywhere. They serve different purposes – from a place of relaxation to a meeting place for events. But the primary purpose of a hair salon is to treat people with hair problems. That’s why they can be found all over the city.
So, it is necessary to know everything about them, how they look, and what they do for their clients.
This article is a guide to starting a best hair salon in Dubai . It includes basic information about the business, how to run it, and what you need to know before setting up your salon.
A lot of people think that the money in the hair salon business is just too small to be able to make any money. But this is not true. The hair salon business can be highly profitable if you know how to get it right.
Hair salons are trendy, and many different hair salons exist worldwide. They have very high-profit margins and offer a wide variety of services – from haircuts to makeup services, nail polish, massages, etc.
Hair salons are getting popular in the market. They have been growing at a breakneck pace and are expected to continue this growth trend in the future.
The salon can earn an average profit of 8.2%, which is higher than any other general business, with an average of 7.7% in Dubai. No doubt, if you manage your hair salon properly you can earn above the average.
Although hair salons typically aim to keep up to a 10% profit margin, the higher you manage to get, the better it will be.
Hair salons are becoming a popular business in the UAE. The beauty industry is booming in Dubai, and people worldwide flock to Dubai to work as beauticians.
Anyone can start a hair salon with the right skills and experience. It’s not difficult to create a hair salon in Dubai as long as you have a good idea of what you need to do and how much capital you need to invest.
You need to make sure to fulfill the following checklist to start a successful hair salon business in Dubai:
Starting a hair salon in Dubai is not an easy task. It is pretty challenging. The first step that you have to take is to find out whether you can do it or not. Once you have decided that you can do it, the next step is to get a license for your hair salon in Dubai. Because the UAE is a very competitive market for hair salons, and this is why it is essential to have a license.
In the UAE, the government regulates the operation of these businesses. They are called licensed or legal businesses. The steps include getting a license:
- Get NOC from DED
- You must have a legal trade name for your hair salon
- Hire a local service agent
- Select a premise for your salon
- Apply for the NOP(No Objection Permit) for public safety and health-related activities
- Sign an agreement with all the partners in the notary public or DED
- Submit all your documents in DED and pay the fee for the trade license
- Wait for the trade license to issue
- Get eligible to hire employees
- Apply for the company establishment card
- Get a company labor card by applying for the quotas under the company
- Apply for an employment visa
Firstly, the Dubai Municipality will visit the premises of the hair salon to ensure that your salon will follow the standards of hygiene control and public safety. They will make sure that your business is committed to public health requirements. You need the following criteria to execute the interior of your hair salon:
- First, the planning department of Dubai Municipality will approve the location of your hair salon
- They will ensure the signboard is placed in front of the hair salon.
- The washbasin is a must near the facial treatment area.
- You must use proper and clean furniture and keep sufficient lighting.
- The dressing chair must meet the specific guidelines like 3.5m in length and 3.0m in width issued by Dubai Municipality.
- The height between the ceiling and the floor of your salon must be 2.30m
- It would help if you designed a dedicated and separate area for beauty treatments like manicures, pedicures, hair removal, and henna design.
- The beauty salon must have a water heater in place.
- You must place the cosmetics and towels in the cupboard and drawers.
- You must keep fireproof materials in a separate area for hair removal
The cost analysis to start a hair salon in Dubai is divided into the following:
- License registration cost is approximately 22,000 AED
- The shop rent depends on the location and size of the area.
- The interior work and furniture also rely on the quality you use
- Employment visa costs are approximately 5,000 AED-6,500 AED
The hair salon industry is one of the fastest-growing industries in Dubai. The demand for quality haircuts and hairstyles has increased by 50% over the last five years. This market requires a lot of capital investment and skill development.