The right fabric for your furniture is what makes life easy and comfortable at the same time. So when you are ready to choose the right fabric, keep in mind some key considerations including durability, comfort, and aesthetics.
For years now, quilted fabric has gained popularity. It’s not because of it’s cozy appearance. Instead, it’s more about the style blend it carries and of course the style then.
In this article, I will share the benefits and drawbacks of the quilted fabric especially for the outdoor furniture. Give it a read to help yourself in making an informed decision.
Key benefits of Quilted Fabric for Outdoor Furniture
- Seating comfort: This is one of the paramount reason for choosing to have quilted fabric for outdoor furniture. Being a soft, padded surface, it makes one feel easy when they have a really tiring day. So when you choose your outdoor furniture, don’t forget to add this most inviting part for relaxation.
- Beautiful appearance: When you talk about the touch of sophistication, a quilted fabric is the one that show it’s wonder. The elegance of the outdoor furniture along with the soft stylish pattern enhances the visual interest and emotional comfort. Once installed, you can sit and relax for hours in the beautiful cloudy days. Additionally, having it installed also add more to it’s coziness and luxury.
- Vintage: Winters are usually when you may feel like sitting and relaxing out in the sun. So when you choose to sit back and relax, a quilted fabric can always plays it’s role by offering that beautiful cozy touch. The padding holds the ability to store heat and offer the body a perfect feel. This is especially beneficial if you enjoy spending time outdoors year-round.
- Versatile Design: Since quilted fabric is up with a multitude of designs, colors, and patterns, it offers an opportunity to customize the outdoor furniture to align it with a preferred style. Are you planning to have a classical yet traditional outlook? You can always look for the one that goes right with the taste.
- Maintenance: Quilted fabric is the right way to prevent your outdoor furniture from any kind of damage. Since these are easy-to-wash, any quilted fabrics are treated with water and stain-resistant coatings, i.e. quick and easy to maintain.
Drawbacks of Quilted Fabric for Outdoor Furniture
- Durability Concerns: While quilted fabric offers comfort and style, it may not be as durable as other outdoor fabric options like acrylic or polyester. The stitching and padding in quilted fabric can potentially wear down over time, leading to a decrease in both aesthetic appeal and comfort.
- Susceptibility to Fading: Exposure to sunlight and harsh weather conditions can cause quilted fabric to fade over time. This is particularly concerning if you have vibrant and colorful patterns on your outdoor furniture, as the fading can lead to a less vibrant appearance.
- Maintenance Challenges: While quilted fabric can be water-resistant, it might not be as resistant to mold and mildew growth, especially if not properly dried after getting wet. Additionally, the quilted texture can make cleaning more challenging, as dirt and debris can get trapped in the stitching.
- Limited All-Weather Performance: Unlike some other outdoor fabric options that are specifically designed to withstand various weather conditions, quilted fabric might not perform well in extreme weather. It’s advisable to have a storage solution or protective covers for your quilted fabric furniture during heavy rain or winter months.