Resin flooring is a type of flooring that has been gaining popularity in recent years. It’s a versatile and durable option that offers many benefits over traditional flooring materials like tiles or hardwood. Whether you’re designing your home, office, or commercial space, resin can be an excellent choice for adding both style and function to your floors. In this blog post, we’ll explore how to install your resin floors properly. We’ll also provide some tips on how to care for this flooring once it is installed so that it last for years to come. So if you’re considering upgrading your old floors, read on!
How To Install Resin Floors?
- Installing resin flooring may seem daunting, but with the right tools and a little know-how, it can be done easily. First off, make sure to clean the existing floor thoroughly before starting any work. A clean surface is key to ensuring that the resin adheres properly.
- Next, mix the two-part epoxy resin in a small-sized bucket as per the manufacturer’s instructions. Once mixed, start spreading it evenly across the floor using a roller or squeegee. It is advisable to work in small sections at a time.
- After covering the entire area with resin, let it cure for at least 24 hours before applying another layer if necessary. Be sure not to walk on or use your newly installed flooring until after it has fully cured.
- It’s also important to note that different types of resin will have varying installation processes and requirements. Always check with the manufacturer’s instructions specific to your chosen type of resin flooring before beginning installation.
Installing resin flooring requires some preparation and patience but can ultimately provide you with long-lasting durability and aesthetic appeal for years to come.
How To Care For Resin Floors?
Caring for your resin flooring is important to keep it looking great and performing well for years to come. One of the benefits of resin floors is that they require very little maintenance, but there are some simple steps you can take to protect your investment.
- Firstly, make sure any spills or stains are cleaned up promptly using a damp cloth and mild detergent. Avoid using abrasive cleaners as these can scratch the surface of the resin flooring. Regular sweeping or vacuuming will prevent dirt and debris from building up on the floor.
- Protect your resin floor from heavy furniture by using felt pads on chair legs and table bases. High heels can also cause damage so encourage guests to remove their shoes before walking on the floor.
- Avoid exposing resin floor to direct sunlight for prolonged periods as this can cause discoloration over time. Use blinds or curtains to filter light during peak hours.
By following these simple care tips, you’ll be able to enjoy your beautiful, durable resin flooring for many years without needing costly repairs or replacements.
Investing in high-quality resin floors can seem daunting at first but understanding their installation and maintenance tips makes them well worth the investment in terms of longevity and cost-effectiveness.