Exploring the majestic Dubai desert is a wholesome experience giving you some time away from the deafening city life and helping you connect with nature and your true self. Loaded with serene views and mesmerizing beauty of nature, this trip to the Dubai desert will let you live one of the best adventures of your lifetime.
Well, on a desert safari trip, there are many activities you can engage in, and choose whatever you like to ride on for the journey. While the thrill seekers opt for quad bikes, and the family groups go for 4 WD jeeps. But what to do when you want to have both comfort and adventure?
Worry not because we have an option that gives you the best of both worlds. Yes! On a dune buggy, you can ride with more comfort and still have that raw feel of the desert at a fast speed ride down the sloppy dunes.
You can ride a dune buggy alone, with friends, or let a driver ride with you while you capture all the magical moments of the sandy paradise. So, ride with us on this enchanting journey through the Arabic desert and make the most of this trip.
What makes a dune buggy ride one of the most fun activities?
Riding a dune buggy in the desert is one of the most pleasurable activities as it gives you a chance to experience the desert vibe and feel without having to tire yourself completely. Contrary to quad bikes, the dune buggy ride has a 2-seater and 4-seater option, so you don’t have to miss out on adventure due to kids or can have fun riding along with your best friend’s whole day.
Just like quad bikes, you can explore the desert at your own pace. Stop at camps for a refreshing drink, click pictures with wild animals, appreciate the stunning sunsets, or have a bonfire and BBQ dinner in the desert.
On a dune buggy, you can speed around the dunes or race with your friends, but with the hooded vehicle and extra support, there are fewer chances of the car toppling over or getting a heat stroke. This comes very best for people who are not willing to drive and thus want to enjoy the desert wind and have some excitement.
What are your options in a dune buggy?
Many models and sizes of dune buggies are available for you to ride. Usually, there are two and 4-person capacities, and you can either self-drive or get a trained guide to drive for you. Some models are designed for dune bashing and speeding, so pick one that suits your requirements.
Although many models of dune buggies are available, the hot favorite ones are Polaris 2-seater and 4-seater, providing ample safety, balance, and comfort to the riders.
Is it safe to ride with kids?
Yes, the dune buggy ride is totally safe for kids; however, you need to keep it on a less sloppy and bumpy track for maximum protection. Moreover, only teenagers above 16 can drive dune buggies, and you might require a license and pass the spot driving test to get your hands on the steering.
How long does a dune buggy ride last?
The duration of a dune buggy ride varies according to your requirement, but on average, a person hires a dune buggy for 2 hours or more. You can pick a whole-day tour or rent a dune buggy for an hour to race around and explore the remaining desert on other rides.
What other activities can you enjoy while on a dune buggy tour?
On dune buggy, you can wander in the gigantic desert and stop to enjoy other activities too. Some of the different activities you can enjoy along with the dune buggy ride include the following:
- have a camel ride and move in the desert like the real Arab men used to do
- go for fast dune bashing on a 4X4 vehicle
- hop on to jumping quad bikes to race with friends
- stop at the Bedouin camps to buy souvenirs and henna tattoos and enjoy folk music, coffee, and delicacies
- Photograph the captivating beauty of the desert and its exotic wildlife. Get pictures with the falcons and get to see wild animals from near.
- Have a romantic dinner under the starry sky and relaxed, breezy environment of the desert
- Feast on a hearty BBQ buffet at the camp and dress up as Arab Bedouins and dance like the locals.
Checklist for dune buggy tour
A dune buggy tour is undoubtedly a fulfilling experience, but to last till the end and enjoy every bit of the day, you must keep fit and energetic. The desert has harsh weather, and under the scorching sun and dusty wind, you need to keep yourself and your group, especially kids, protected so they can have fun without any issues later. Here are some tips to stay perfectly fine on your dune buggy ride.
- Wear something cool and light, so your body doesn’t heat up. But avoid too flowy or long dresses as they might get stuck in the way and make it challenging to ride.
- Keep the heads covered either with a hat or a scarf to avoid heat strokes.
- Don’t forget to keep a water bottle or any fluids to stay hydrated
- Wear helmets, knee pads, and safety vest before hopping on the dune buggy
- Avoid overspeeding, and don’t overburden the buggy, as it might result in toppling
- Apply a good sun protection cream and bring in glasses or goggles to avoid sand from getting in the eyes
- If you are allergic to sand, keep a face mask or pop in some anti-allergens in advance.
Have the enthralling experience without risking safety!
Dune buggy ride is safer than quad bikes and more fun than 4 WD, so why not opt for it as it gives both thrill and safety simultaneously? Don’t forget to wear all the protective gear and keep the limits in check to avoid any accidents and have a great day in the Dubai Desert.