Browse through our list of the most popular psychiatrists in Dubai whether you’re seeking for the Best Psychiatrists in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, or a psychiatrist who speaks your language in Dubai. In Dubai, a renowned psychiatrist with expertise in mental health is able to identify, manage, and even prevent mental, emotional, and behavioral illnesses.
More skilled psychiatrists in Dubai have the following qualifications:
Child and adolescent psychiatry
Forensic (legal) psychiatry
Psychosomatic (mind and body) medicine
Dr. George Kaliaden
Dr George has been practicing in Dubai since 1994, attached to various clinics/hospitals including Prime Medical Center and Welcare Hospital, Dubai. He obtained his doctorate in Applied Psychology from the University of Calcutta in 1989.
His background includes study research at IIT Bombay, the University of Texas at Arlington, and the University of Pennsylvania.
Ph.D. Clinical Psychology, American Psychological Association
English, Malayalam, Hindi, Kannada
Dr. George Kaliaden Consulting, WeCare Medical Center.
KEY SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Personality Disorders
- Anxiety, Depression, Phobias, etc
- Panic Attack
- Child Behaviour Management / Child Therapy / Assessment
- Parenting Skills Training / Consulting
Dr. Abdulrazek Saiyed
Specialist Psychiatrist | Psychiatry
Dr. Abdulrazak Saiyed has a bachelor’s degree in medicine, thereafter he finished his three years of residency in psychiatry in 1998 at one of Asia’s famous, BJ Medical Colleges situated in Ahmedabad, India. Then he joined as an assistant professor at a medical university.
Later he started his own private clinical practice, in which he dealt with multispecialty hospitals. He joined NMC Specialty hospital in Abu Dhabi in 2006. He then shifted to Dubai in 2009.
- MBBS from M P Shah medical college Jamnagar, India
- DPM and MD Psychiatry from B J Medical college Ahmedabad India
- Mediclinic, Deira, Mediclinic Welcare Hospital
- Gujarat Psychiatric society
- Indian Psychiatric association
- Emirates medical association
Dr. Sweta Shah
Specialist – Psychiatrist
Dr. Sweta Shah has done undergraduate training in medicine in Mumbai and later pursued postgraduate training in Psychiatry which she completed in 2010. Following this, she underwent specialized training in Child & Adolescent Mental Health, Family Therapy, and Behavioral therapy from the renowned National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences, Bangalore, India.
clinical evaluation and management of children/ adolescents, adults, and the elderly suffering from a variety of acute
chronic mental illnesses, ranging from psychotic, neurotic, and personality disorders to the treatment of ADHD, autism spectrum disorders
management of stress-related conditions.
JTS Medical Centre, Unicare Medical Centre, Mankhool
Dr. Gregor Josef Kowl
Dr. Gregor is a German psychologist in Dubai doing Psychotherapy and Counseling by using the methods of Psychoanalytical and Psychodynamic Psychotherapy, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Person-Centered Therapy (PCT), Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT), Motivational Interviewing (MI),.
- Family Medicine: Diagnostics and treatment of the entire spectrum of somatic illnesses, health check, health prevention.
- Disorders treated at CHMC:
- Treatment of depression
- Treatment of Bipolar Disorder and Schizoaffective Disorder
- Treatment of Obsessive Compulsive Disorders (OCD)
- Treatment of Eating Disorders
- Treatment of Psychosis
Clinic for Health and Medical Care
Dr. Sholeh Toobaei
Dr. Sholeh Toobaei is an experienced Psychiatrist, currently serving in Iranian Hospital Dubai since 2011. Her work background includes :
- Private Clinic and Razi Hospital 2005 – 2011
- Razi Hospital 1996 – 2005
- Assistant Professor – Shiraz Medical University 1996 – 2002
Dr. Sholeh Toobaei’s areas of interest are the following:
- Psychotherapy (family)
- Workshop Psychology
- Research in Social Psychology
English, Persian, Arabic
Dr. Shaju George Olakkangile
Dr.Shaju is a Specialist Psychiatrist with 18 years of clinical experience in Psychiatry. He obtained his Specialisations in Psychiatry from prestigious medical colleges in India. He is experienced in offering both outpatient and inpatient services for behaviorally ill clients.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Mood disorders especially Depression
- Anxiety disorders like Panic disorder
- Stress-related issues
- Sleep problems, OCD
- Psychotic disorders
- Sexual problems
- Women and Child mental health issues.
- MD0N- Psychiatry
Govt Medical College, Trivandrum
- Aviation medicine- Aviation medicine
Flying medicine UK
- Sexual problems
- Marital problems
- Mood disorders
- Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
- Eating disorders
- Panic attacks
International Modern Hospital, Dubai Community Health Center, Al Zahra Hospital, Sharjah.
- Cognitive behavioral therapy
- Electro convulsive therapy
- Sex Therapy
- Medical Management
Dr. Hanan Hussein
Dr Hanan Hussein is a professor of psychiatry and a practicing psychiatrist with 20 years of experience in treating patients on an in and out-patient basis in the private and governmental sectors. She has extensive experience with psychopharmacology and psychotherapy and can treat cases of depression, anxiety and panic disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorders (OCD), psychosis, and bipolar disorder among children, adolescents, and adults.
- Medical degree and her Doctorate in Psychiatry – Ain Shams University in Cairo, Egypt.
- Diploma in Psychiatric Practice – King’s College, London, and Ain Shams University.
Graduation date: 12/1/94 0:00
Entrance date: 9/1/88 0:00
Home City: Cairo
novomind, Dubai Marina, Novomed Medical Center, DHCC
Dr. Asma Geitany
Clinical Psychologist & Counsellor
English, Arabic, French
Dr. Asma Geitany is a clinical psychologist with over 8 years of experience. She is licensed with the Dubai Health Authority (DHA) and the Ministry of Public Health of Lebanon. Mrs. Geitany is also a member of the Lebanese Syndicate of psychotherapists and psychoanalysts.
- BA Psychology- University of Balamand, Lebanon
- MA Clinical and School Psychology from the same institution.
Mrs. Geitany is trained for conducting psychometric assessments (IQ & projective tests) and treats patients using psychodynamic and play-based therapy.
- Psychological Assessment
- Psychodynamic therapy
- Couple Therapy
- Play Therapy
Openminds Psychiatry, Counselling and Neuroscience Centre, Dubai Community Health Center
Dr. Valentina Faia
Dr. Valentina Faia is an Italian Trained and Certified Specialist in Psychiatry and Psychotherapist psychodynamic oriented, with Full Registration at the U.K. General Medical Council (GMC). She is a passionate psychiatrist exceedingly experienced (14 years) in providing psychiatric assessment and treatment for mental health disorders in a range of different care settings. She has worked with General Hospital in Rome, Italy (ASL RM3 Ospedale San Camillo) for 10 years along with her own private practice which helped her to develop a deep knowledge of management of psychopharmacological issues of high volume, high-risk community patients and psychodynamic oriented psychotherapy.
She deals with a wide variety of psychiatric disorders :
- Acute Psychosis Mood Disorders (Depression and Bipolar Disorders)
- Anxiety Disorders
- Personality Disorders
- Eating Disorders
BR Medical Suites, The Lighthouse Center for Wellbeing
Dr. Akanksha Prakash
Akanksha is an advocate for working towards attaining greater holistic health through various psychological and cognitive practices. She is a clinical psychologist who has taken the cognitive route to improve people’s ability to think, feel and learn.
From liaising directly with clients to facilitating support groups, and providing the right resources, Akanksha works towards ensuring all of her client’s and colleagues’ needs are met with the compassion and care they deserve.
AREA OF EXPERTISE
- Expert in helping individuals improve cognitive abilities.
- Assist people to enhance the following skills: attention, processing speed, working memory, auditory processing, visual processing, logic & reasoning and long-term memory, along with executive functioning.
- Work with clients on mood and anxiety disorders.
- Aid clients with concerns relating to self-esteem, poor self-image, and poor identity.
- Support clients with stress.
- BSc in Psychology with Counselling Skills
- MSc in Clinical and Abnormal Psychology