What’s the difference between a Dubai desert safari and an African jungle safari? You’ll mainly do more outdoor activities in the vast expanse of dunes and rock formations instead of staying in your safari jeep to observe lions eat gazelles from a safe distance.
Then again, you also have your share of biodiversity in the desert as you do some sightseeing on your own, but expect the safari to give you more quad-biking or dune bashing options that might be absent from a more zoo-like trek in an African safari.
What’s the Schedule Like on a Desert Safari Tour?
It depends on which safari tour provider you’ve availed of, but a Dubai safari tour typically involves activities such as henna painting, quad-biking, the “falcon” experience, wildlife spotting, camel rides, sandboarding, dune bashing, and other safari-related entertainment.
On a standard evening or morning desert safari affair in Dubai, you can end up doing the following throughout the day:
- 2:30 PM: You’ll get picked up by your tour guides from your hotel and get prepped at the desert camp.
- 3:30 to 4:00 PM: Desert dune bashing for about 30 minutes.
- 4:00 PM: Return to the desert camp.
- 4:00 to 4:30 PM: You’ll have time for refreshments and even food.
- 4:30 to 6:00 PM: You’ll go through a full itinerary of activities ranging from wildlife spotting and henna painting to camel riding as well as sandboaridng the dunes like you’re Tony Hawk.
- 6:00 to 7:00 PM: You’ll get to watch choreographed dance performances after a fun day at the safari.
- 7:30 PM: You’ll get to eat a full barbecue dinner in the middle of the beautiful desert in Dubai under the blanket of stars.
- 9:00 PM: You’ll finally get dropped off to your hotel.
No two desert safaris offer the exact same thing, but there is a bit of overlap in the activities that you can categorize by miscellaneous activities (henna tattoos), wildlife tours or interaction (like handling falcons and camel rides) and extreme sports (like sandboarding).
Learn more about desert safari Dubai here https://www.dayoutdubai.ae/desert-safari-tours
Which Activities Should You Go For?
It depends on your priorities. Just keep in mind that a safari isn’t for the faint of heart or the introverted couch potato. The whole point of going on this desert adventure is to have some fun activities outdoors, so every activity here involves traversing or experiencing the desert some way.
Not everyone who goes at the beach does so for surfing, but for those who love extreme sports, the desert safari is the perfect place and opportunity for sandboarding or dune bashing as well as riding a camel.
You can enjoy the choreographed dance, wildlife spotting, or do henna painting like you’re at the beach if you wish to avoid the more sporty activities. However, you should at least try at least one, such as learning to quadbike. Live a little.
What Should You Wear on a Desert Safari Tour?
There’s no dress code for the tour, but it’s preferred you get cozy and comfortable clothes that you’re willing to sweat in for the rest of the day since you will be traveling across the desert and indulging in some outdoor activities like quad-biking over rough terrain by yourself or with a guide.
Keep in mind the weather. You might surprisingly need more layers and extra shirts at night because the desert can get as cold as winter even during summer months. We recommend a shirt, casual jeans, and an extra cardigan once the air gets chilly at night. If you want to add some extra adventure in your desert safari, quad biking is a fantastic adventure. Learn more about quad biking here https://www.opdubai.com/