On Friday, the UAE Vice-President urged departments and organizations to raise the UAE Flag on November 3 at 11 a.m.
Our flag will remain raised. The symbol of our pride and unity will remain. The banner of our pride, glory, and sovereignty will remain high in the sky, declared His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, in a tweet reminding citizens about UAE Flag Day.
Here are some salient details regarding the UAE flag.
1. First use of the UAE flag was on December 2, 1971.
2. Late Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan was the first to hoist the flag.
3. UAE flag’s length is twice the width.
4. UAE flag was designed by Abdullah Mohammed Al Maainah.
5. UAE Flag Day is celebrated every year on November 3.
6. UAE Flag Day was first launched in 2013.
7. UAE flag is hoisted across all government departments and buildings.
8. UAE flag represents justice, peace, tolerance, power, and moderation.
Flag Day celebrations are a major annual event in the UAE. On this day, residents and people gather to raise and wave the national flag in celebration of the UAE’s accomplishments, greatness, and leadership.
Leave a Reply