To travel to Canada, most tourists from Dubai, including locals, may need a valid visit visa. The requirements for obtaining a visa to Canada from Dubai are determined by your nationality. And if you live in Dubai, your citizenship will decide whether or not you are eligible for a Canadian visa. To apply for a Canada visa from Dubai, you’ll need the following documents:
- Residence Visa of UAE that is valid for at least three months to apply for a visit visa to Canada from Dubai.
- Original Passport with 6 months validity or the duration of your stay
- Employer NOC from your employer addressed to the Canadian Embassy. This should include crucial information such as your pay, title, start date, and the reason for your visit.
- Letter of Invitation
- 3 passport photos with a white backdrop
- Bank account for the previous six months (authorized by the bank in case you are submitting a copy)
- Certificate of Marriage (in case you are married)
So, once you have all of the required paperwork, go to the Canadian consulate in Dubai, which is located on the 19th floor of the Jumeirah Emirates Towers on Sheikh Zayed Road. The issuance of a visa will take up to 35 days. A visit visa with a 5-year validity costs around AED 388.